What a crazy time we are having! Seasonal Allergies. Cold. Flu. And now coronavirus?!
It seems Spring 2020 is a giant dodgeball game. But, instead of balls, viruses and bacteria are coming at us from all angles. We have many lines of defense, such as medications, air purifiers, vitamins & minerals, and soap. Let’s add another one – ESSENTIAL OILS!!!
Essential oils have been used to fight infectious diseases for thousands of years! They were THE medicines for ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians. Ancient India started reaping the benefits of essential oils as far back as 5000BC. And the Europeans were using herbs and essential oils to dodge the bubonic plague during the Middle Ages. The bubonic plague! With that in mind, there is no better time than now to call on essential oils.
Many microbes float around in the air causing illnesses like the cold, flu, and COVID-19 to spread from person to person, especially indoors. Diffusing essential oils in your home, office space, and car is a great way to kill viruses, bacteria, mold, and fungal spores in the air. Below is a short list of commonly available essential oils you could use at home.
You can also make a mix of multiple essential oils to suit your needs. There are several ready-made essential oil blends available for purchase online for use at home. Please read the ingredients and safety information before buying.
- • Defender by Plant Therapy
• First Response by Aura Cacia
• Four Gurus by Plant Guru
• Germ Fighter by Plant Therapy
• Immune Aid by Plant Therapy
• Legends by Floracopeia
• Medieval Mix by Aura Cacia
• Mountain Bandits by Aromatics International
• On Guard by doTerra
• Rescue Charm by Aura Cacia
• Thieves by Young Living
The diffusers most effective at spreading the essential oils throughout the air are electric micro-diffusers, and they are available for purchase in a ton of stores and online on Amazon, eBay, Target.com, Walmart.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
Are you ready to add the power of essential oils to your germ-fighting arsenal this spring? LET’S GO!!!
For more information on which essential oils are best for you, your children, and your pets, contact your doctor, veterinarian, the essential oil company’s customer service, or My Wealth in Health. Also, click here if you would like an essential oil blend customized for your specific needs.
Have fun getting oily! 😉
• Animals and Oils: What you need to know by Young Living
• Aromatherapy for Natural Living: The A-Z Reference of Essential Oils Remedies for Health, Beauty, and the Home by Anne Kennedy
• The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
• The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Julia Lawless
• Essential Oils and Kids: What You Need to Know by Aromatics International
• Essential Oils for Pets: The Best & Worst Oils to Help Your Furry Friends by Dr. Axe
• Homegrown Herbs: A Complete Guide to Growing, Using, and Enjoying More than 100 Herbs by Tammi Hartungnull
• Modern Essentials: The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils by AromaTools
Kelly Nembhard, CCRP, CCRA
My Wealth in Health