Rinah Rachel is an ordained interfaith clergy member since 2013, ordained Maggidah (Jewish spiritual support) since 2010, Reiki master since 2008, trained facilitator and ritual guide, home and hospice companion, certified earth guide, and licensed teacher since 2000. She is also a storyteller, artist, activist, and woman in recovery, using her skills and lived experiences to support women in transition and in recovery from trauma. In 2018, Rinah became the founder and director of Our Sacred Circles (OSC), a community oasis for justice, healing, and creative work in Durham, North Carolina. Out of OSC, Joyoushout was born in the late Spring of 2020, in the midst of the pandemic, to respond to the increased need for spiritual support for women and for consulting support for companies, organizations, and groups seeking to become more diverse, inclusive, and justice driven.
Joyoushout: Creating New Pathways of Power and Possibility
Joyoushout, through its founder Rinah Rachel Galper, provides broad spectrum spiritual support (BSSS) sessions and classes for women and loved ones seeking to better navigate life challenges and changes with joy, creativity, presence, and power and to become agents of change and healing in our beautiful, troubled world. Joyoushout also provides consulting services to white-led and white dominant groups seeking support to become anti-racist allies.
Rinah is committed to creating equity in healthcare. Beginning in January 2021, Joyoushout will offer 45 minute donation-based broad based spiritual support (BSSS) sessions and sliding scale classes ($10,$15,$20,$25) to women and loved ones with limited resources. Clients who are well resourced pay full price so that others with less can receive the help they need.
Broad Spectrum Spiritual Support (BSSS) Overview:
BSSS is ideal for women needing creative and multi-modal support in order to heal and release old narratives (ways of thinking and acting) and traumas that impede the quality of their lives and work in the world.
BSSS sessions, virtual or in-person use one or more of these modalities:
- Spiritual life coaching (cultivating connection with our source(s) of wisdom and healing to guide us in our relationships and life choices)
- Guided spirit journeys (deep visualizations and healing meditations that help us heal and transform)
- Energy work and healing touch (to balance and build energy and release blockages cause by stress and trauma)
- Oracle readings (communicating information from Spirit through cards and directly from spirit guides and ancestors)
- Life cycle and healing rituals (for births, deaths, aging, unions, and leavings or changings of relationships and situations)
- Trauma and addiction recovery work (exploring and transforming old stories, patterns, and habits)
- Creative movement (including dancing with Hebrew letters) and expressive arts (creative writing, mosaic, clay, painting, and collage, and storytelling)
Joyoushout Classes beginning in January, 2021 include:
- Anti-racist book and film studies for youth and adults (Mondays beginning 1/18/21) *Open to all genders with two classes, one for adults, and one for youth
- Guided Spirit Journeys (Tuesdays beginning 1/12/21) Open to women ages 16+
- Dancing with Hebrew Letters (Wednesdays beginning 1/13/21) Open to girls & women ages 10+
*In addition to sliding scale fees for classes and donation-based sessions, participants receive 20% off classes and sessions for referring friends and family members when they enroll.
For more information or to schedule your free 20 minute consultation, contact Rinah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646 241-7555.
Disclaimer: Spiritual Support is not a substitute for conventional therapy, medication, or medical treatment. If you are in crisis, are suffering from recent or untreated trauma, and in need immediate help, please contact 911 and your health care provider.