Kelly Nembhard, NBC-HWC
Modalities: Integrative Coach, Reiki Practitioner, Reiki Teacher, Aromatherapist
Business Name: My Wealth In Health
About Kelly’s work:
Integrative Health Coaching:
The greatest impact on healthcare in the United States is the frequency of lifestyle-related chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and so on. An integrative health coach partners with you to create lifestyle changes that prevent or alleviate these chronic illnesses by helping you bridge the gap between your doctor’s advice and taking action. As an integrative health coach, Kelly will partner with you to assess your whole health (body, mind, and spirit), find out what you truly want for your well-being, and set goals and action steps towards a lasting health change that is most meaningful for you.
Used in over 800 hospitals such as Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic, Reiki is a Japanese relaxation technique that is natural, simple, safe and will put your mind and body at ease. Recommended by Dr. Oz, actress Halle Berry, pro golfer Phil Nickelson, Reiki is a go-to complementary treatment for anxiety, lack of sleep, and stress as well as pain relief and high blood pressure. Kelly is a second degree Reiki practitioner trained by 2 Reiki masters and will provide options for using aromatherapy and a weighted blanket during each session.
I have loved science for as long as I can remember, particularly biology. Growing up, I either wanted to be a veterinarian or a medical doctor so that I could use biology to help others. However, in college, I realized that I wanted to not only help others but also satisfy my investigative drive, and my investigative drive pushed me to become a developmental biologist.
My values of objective analysis, responsibility, concern-for-others, and achievement are greatly tied to feeling fulfilled in my job and career. However, after 12 years of laboratory research and 7 years as a certified clinical research professional, I felt a need to focus more on my value of concern-for-others. Also, my personal experience with various health issues led me to adopt an integrative health lifestyle that has helped me significantly. In addition to the conventional health care I receive, I also reap the benefits of Reiki, essential oils, deep tissue massage, lymphatic drainage massage, mindfulness practice, acupressure, and Qigong. By having had this experience, I want to help others become aware of the conventional and complementary approaches available to them for creating a healthy lifestyle as well as motivate them to sustain that lifestyle. It was time for change, and change led me to a career in integrative healthcare and starting my business, My Wealth in Health.
The goal of My Wealth in Health is to help others achieve their vision of optimal health through discovering methods of self-care that fit their values and needs. By doing so, we will be able to increase the quality of our lives to the fullest! The services will include integrative health coaching, Reiki healing, and creating personalized aromatherapy based on the client’s scent preferences, health profile, and safety concerns.
My educational background and training include:
• Certified National Board Health and Wellness Coach
• Graduate of the Duke Integrative Medicine Integrative Heath Coach Professional Training Program
• Master Usui/ Holy Fire III Reiki training from Bryce Goebel at A Reiki Place
• Second degree traditional Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki training from Marcia McCollum Hebrank at One Light Center.
• Certification in Holistic Remedies and Essential Oils by Smart Majority
• Certified Clinical Research Professional with the Society of Clinical Research Associates
• Certified Clinical Research Associate with the Association for Clinical Research Professionals
• Master’s degree in Cell Biology at Duke University in Durham, NC
• Certificate in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology at Duke University in Durham, NC
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology at Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT
• Distinguished Toastmaster with Toastmasters International
My spare time includes Pilates, mindfulness practice, knitting and crocheting, taking care of my potted rose garden, movies, and exploring North Carolina with my friends.